chan's Reviews > The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.

June 7, 2019 – Started Reading
June 7, 2019 – Shelved
June 7, 2019 –
page 0
0.0% "This year I consciously made the decision to make books with/by/about LGBTQ+ authors/characters/topics a priority for Pride Month 🏳️‍🌈 It also means I will read books that are outside my prefered genres but I‘m already done with one YA contemporary I enjoyed quite a bit - go me 🙌 For some reason I‘m very nervous about this book though, so wish me luck 🤞"
page 149
37.25% "It's as if that sense of foreboding was right - I'm not really feeling this so far 😐 I mean, it's fine, I turn the pages easily and I'm not bothered by anything in particular (Except maybe that the word okay is always written as OK. Nitpicking, I know.), so I will continue but I'm not invested in the story."
page 154
38.5% "She really just kissed the TV and chipped a tooth doing so 😐 A bit melodramatic, if you ask me."
page 194
48.5% "Next up: Husband #4"
page 221
page 266
66.5% "This is so melodramatic, I don’t know how to describe it otherwise. And I keep rolling my eyes at things these characters say or do."
page 270
67.5% "And you know what? I really don’t like these foreshadowing phrases such as: „You don’t seem so bad, Evelyn.“ - „You, of all people, are going to change your mind about that.“ ... „Very soon.“"
page 290
72.5% "I also don’t understand why these people always have to get married immediately, instead of just being together without that „seal of approval“."
June 10, 2019 – Finished Reading