MichelleG's Reviews > Spread for the Alpha

Spread for the Alpha by Olivia T. Turner

bookshelves: celibate-virgin-heroes, sweet-alpha-goodness

The second book in a series about 3 shifter brothers, this is the story of Everett and Chloe. Everett’s bear has been going crazy since catching the scent of his mate and it was interesting to watch the push/pull dynamic between man and animal, The struggle was real (as the kids say - do they still say this?). Seeing him trying to be gentle and slow with Chloe while his bear is literally chanting for him to mark and mate her was fun and allowed the hero to be OTT while still being sweet. Chloe started out unsure and self-conscious, issues not helped by her cousin, Mandy, but steadily gained a spine as the story went on.

Everett’s and Chloe’s relationship develops at lightning speed (of course) with minimal angst. What lingering issues are addressed in the multiple epilogues looking into the near AND distant future. I love seeing couples way down the line, so I really appreciated that aspect.

Overall, I enjoyed the book. My only criticism is that I would like for there to be more supportive female relationships depicted. Mandy could’ve been nice from the start and the scene in the bar near the end still would have been an effective catalyst to show Everett’s possessiveness.

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest an unbiased review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spread for the Alpha.

Finished Reading