Lisa *OwlBeSatReading*'s Reviews > This Is Going to Hurt: Secret Diaries of a Junior Doctor

This Is Going to Hurt by Adam Kay

bookshelves: biography, non-fiction

Every single person that has benefited from the British NHS should read this book.

It is powerful. POWERFUL.

The people that work as front line medical staff deserve every bit of respect in the world. So next time you're having a knee replacement done or giving birth to your baby in the maternity ward, just spare a thought to these overworked, underpaid, taken for granted Angels.

It's little wonder they appear a tad detached from the job and patients sometimes. I'd be too if I was working a 90 hour week. Ask them how they are, and BE A NICE PATIENT. They don't deserve the shit they get.

On the flip side, This is Going to Hurt is hilarious. Adam Kay has a way with words that made me feel like I erupted my 25 year old caesarean scar multiple times I laughed so damn hard.

This is a book I will never forget.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Is Going to Hurt.

June 7, 2019 – Started Reading
June 7, 2019 – Shelved
June 7, 2019 –
page 61
June 7, 2019 – Shelved as: biography
June 7, 2019 – Shelved as: non-fiction
June 8, 2019 –
page 126
49.22% "I can honestly say I have NEVER laughed so much at a book like I'm laughing at this one! Tears! Proper tears, to the point where I had to stop reading because I couldn't bloody see! 😂"
June 8, 2019 –