Melanie's Reviews > 10 Blind Dates

10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston

bookshelves: arc, book-expo-2019, contemporary, young-adult, romance, buddy-reads, read-in-2019

“I don’t expect to meet the love of my life but maybe, just maybe this will help heal the pieces Griffin broke.”

I promise you, so many people are going to be checking this one out from their library this holiday season, and with good reason, because I read this book with a constant smile on my face. This was such a heartwarming story about family, and love, and finding out about yourself and your happiness when you are in that weird transition period when you are getting ready for college. This book really was a delight to read, and I am actually excited to see how well received it’s probably going to be in the book community soon!

10 Blind Dates stars a girl named Sophie who is planning to spend the holidays with her grandparents (and her huge extended family), while her parents celebrate with her sister who is a few hours away and on bedrest with her pregnancy. Sophie thinks that she might also be able to sneak away and finally get a little alone time with her longtime boyfriend, but things don’t work out the way she envisions when she finds out that he is having second thoughts about them staying together since they will both be going away to college soon.

She goes to her grandparents’ house feeling rather heartbroken, but her entire family who are all celebrating Christmas under the same roof, decide to try to cheer her up by setting her up on *looks at book title* ten blind dates! Sophie is for sure having her doubts, but when the first date goes alright, she thinks that maybe she can do this, and maybe she can get closer to some of the family members she has drifted a little apart from in the process.

Overall, this just really is a perfect, heartwarming, hopeful holiday read. It really puts an emphasis on the importance of (healthy) family, and how the love of family can be so unconditional. This book also puts a very big emphasis on sibling relationships, which you all know is something I love reading about in books, and I truly think siblings who are best friends have a power unlike any other. I just really think this book is perfect for December, and I recommend it with my whole heart if you’re looking for a cozy, Christmas story that will make you smile throughout. Also, this has already been picked up by Netflix, and I feel so much joy thinking about what a wonderful adaptation it will make!

Youtube | Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Twitch

The quotes above were taken from an ARC and are subject to change upon publication.

Content and Trigger Warnings: grey area cheating/emotional cheating and high-risk pregnancy threats.

Buddy read with Madalyn! ❤

❤ I read this for The Reading Rush, 2019!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 10 Blind Dates.

June 7, 2019 – Shelved
July 22, 2019 – Started Reading
July 22, 2019 – Shelved as: buddy-reads
July 23, 2019 –
page 100
29.76% "This book is making me miss my family so much. (Also, my day one reading rush vlog will be up soon, but goodnight!) 💛"
July 26, 2019 – Shelved as: read-in-2019
July 26, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Melanie Troll.com wrote: "Is that even a review?!"

No, bud; it's a currently reading.

Summer (speaking_bookish) lol

megs_bookrack I have this too! I am so excited to hear your thoughts! Love her writing so, so much 🥰

message 4: by Jade (new)

Jade Violet A very warm review!

message 5: by Rylie (new)

Rylie B. Hello, is this book appropriate for middle schoolers? Thank you