Mandi1082 's Reviews > The Ten Thousand Doors of January

The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow

The Ten Thousand Doors of January is about a girl named January that as a child finds a door to other worlds. Years later when she becomes a ward to the wealthy Mr Locke because her father has gone missing that when secrets start to get revealed when she finds a book that tells a story of secret doors, love and adventure.

There was some beautiful quotes in this book.

"Let that be a lesson to you: if you are too good and too quiet for too long, it will cost you. It will cost you, in the end."

"I cried as if I'd been assigned to cry the unshed tears of three people instead of one: my mother, lost in the abyss; my father, lost without her; and me, lost without either of them.

This book was heavily plot driven and very descriptive which it has to be because of its fantastical element. Some parts of the story I devoured and some parts i had a hard time getting through it. I still enjoyed reading this book it definitely brought something different to my reading experience.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ten Thousand Doors of January.

June 6, 2019 – Shelved
August 2, 2019 – Shelved as: magic
August 2, 2019 – Shelved as: historic-fiction
August 2, 2019 – Shelved as: ya
August 2, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Jan (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jan Priddy Lots of colorful description, but over a hundred pages in I have absolutely no clear visual for Bad. I mean, what does that dog look like other than short-haired and golden?