LuvGirl's Reviews > Summer Storm

Summer Storm by Joan Wolf

2.5 stars. This was a strange book. I was surprise by the un-pc aspect of the story line. The hero wanted the heroine to have an abortion after she got pregnant a few months into them being married. It sort of lowered the hero's sex appeal IMO but I commend the author for broaching such a controversial subject. Most author's wouldn't touch that with a tenth foot pole.

The reunited lovers theme is not my favorite theme to read, as I always feel like I missed out on the best part of them getting together when they first met. I figured the hero's cheating on the heroine after he became a famous actor would have given me the angst that I needed, but JW started the story from the hero trying to get the heroine back. She did do a little back story but it wasn't enough. The back story was actually my favorite part of the book, but the rest of it became a bit tedious after a point.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer Storm.

February 27, 2012 – Shelved
March 14, 2012 – Started Reading
March 14, 2012 – Shelved as: famous-hero
March 14, 2012 – Shelved as: actor-hero
March 14, 2012 –
0.0% "Check out the hero's undies on the cover :))))))"
March 15, 2012 –
0.0% "OMGOsh! What kind of jerk hero tells his wife to get an abortion because he wasn't ready to have kids yet? I've never come across that before in a romance. It proves we haven't seen it all yet,lol."
March 15, 2012 – Shelved as: hero-in-pursuit