Katherine Riley's Reviews > The Queen Con

The Queen Con by Meghan Scott Molin

I had the privilege and great pleasure of reading an advance copy of THE QUEEN CON. I devoured it much as I did its predecessor, THE FRAME UP. There was no lessening here, no sense of plateauing and waiting that we often see in the second book of trilogies. These books are unputdownable. In fact, I loved this second one even more. MG is growing, coming into herself, not sitting down but standing up and speaking. Her voice from the start has been so strong and funny and clever. The plot is intricate and twisting fathoms deep, but it’s the voice I want to hang out with, could just sit and listen to all day. And! My son last week picked TQC from my Kindle (note to self: son shares Kindle app and so can access all the books you read) - I assume because he was hooked by the cover (the covers are all SO badass). He devoured it, and has now stared TFU. These are adult books, with some adult themes, but they are so healthily and insightfully conveyed that I’m okay with it. He’s just hit puberty (an earthquake unto itself) and we’ve been connecting in new ways over these books, having wonderful, interesting little chats about things like alibis and golden arrows and drag queens.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Queen Con.

June 1, 2019 – Started Reading