Alexander Rivas's Reviews > Everything is F*cked: A Book About Hope

Everything is F*cked by Mark Manson

bookshelves: 2019-books-read
Read 2 times. Last read July 14, 2019.

7/14/19
I decided to reread this book because the first read was so good but it didn't have the same impact as the first read. A lot of the content the author brought to light in this book was new to me and was so stimulated Intellectually on this first read. What I did get out of it this time was the power of hope in a deep way where I see my self kind of preaching it to others. I have gained awareness of how people are not consciously using hope to there benefit or at times to save them. It is kind of worrying me how much people around avoid hope or don't seem to understand the importance of hope that this book does so well of expressing.

Another important aspect of this book is the mission of comforting your uncomfortable truth, which is something I'm working on identifying. It seems easier to spot in others than spotting them in yourself and that could be from how much time and effort I have put into avoiding those uncomfortable truths. Lastly, I paid more attention to the content of the differences between the "thinking brain" and the "feeling brain" this time because it reminded to "Thinking. Fast and Slow" by Daniel Kahneman. Understanding what part of the brain is influencing you are being stimulated is key to attaining a higher level of consciousness.

6/6/19
This is one of the best books I have read in 2019 and much better than his prior book "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck." After reading this book I am inspired to read Friedrich Nietzche's books because prior to this book I had the idea he was just a nihilist. It has also given me a different perspective on the coming AI revolution that doesn't make it seem like the end of the world but just a transition to knew gods we worship. The section on Edward Bernays is just genius to me and brought clarity to why marketing as morphed into what it is today.

Even the content on Immanuel Kant was fascinating and also inspired me to start reading some of his books. I know this author is known for giving contrasting advice to the majority of other "self-help" books out there and he continues that strategy in this book. If you enjoying reading a different view on how our society got to where we are today and a different view on how to live in our society, this is the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything is F*cked.

June 4, 2019 – Started Reading
June 4, 2019 – Shelved
June 4, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019-books-read
June 6, 2019 – Finished Reading
Started Reading
July 14, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Mitch Allan This is on my to read list might have to get it done sooner rather than later

Alexander Rivas Mitch wrote: "This is on my to read list might have to get it done sooner rather than later"

Yeah, it is a short read that I know you'll enjoy greatly, bump the book to the top.