Victoria Bryan's Reviews > Now Entering Addamsville

Now Entering Addamsville by Francesca Zappia

bookshelves: bookcon-2019, anticipated-releases-fall-19

When the book isn’t even out yet, but you already want a sequel

A solid 4.75

I was lucky enough to receive an ARC for this book at BookCon and that's why I am able to provide this review.

First, let me start by saying I loved every second of this book and the second I finished it I wanted to start reading it all over again. Although the blurb on the back of the book compares Now Entering Addamsville to Stranger Things mixed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I would compare NEA to the episode of Supernatural we didn't know we needed.

This book follows 18-year-old ghost hunter Zora Novak, who has been accused of burning down the house of and murdering the high school janitor because of her shaky past with arson. Zora is hell-bent on clearing her name and ridding her rural Indiana town of the creature responsible for the fires and subsequent murders. On top of all of that, the crew of a well-beloved ghost hunting show comes to town and threatens not only Zora's investigation, but also threatens her town.

This book has amazing characters that I wished that I was able to go on adventures and hunt fire starters with. A fictional town that is so much like the small towns scattered across America, but with so much character that'll make you want to book a one-way ticket. And a plot that will leave you satisfied, on the edge of your seat, and craving a sequel as soon as you read the last word.

I originally rated this book a 4.75 out of 5 stars, but I think I have to bump it up to 5 stars just because of how much fun this book was. While I was reading I found myself thinking that it reminded me of a middle grade solely because of the sheer amount of fun. AUTHORS, PLEASE BRING FUN BACK TO YA. Also for those of you who have read Eliza and Her Monsters, this books is by no means any of the emotion or heartfelt moments Zappia beautifully weaves into that story. She brings those elements into this book and those heartfelt moments make you all the more grateful for the fun and upbeat moments. ALSO, how is no one speaking about how the main character is an amputee, which I have never seen in YA? I highly recommend this book for anyone regardless of if you're an avid reader or this is just a randomly stumbled across this book because everyone has something to gain from Francesca Zappia's writing!

**I will be posting a spoiler-filled review closer the release date**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Now Entering Addamsville.

June 3, 2019 – Started Reading