Kristen Burns's Reviews > Captives

Captives by Nicholas Sansbury Smith

4.5 Stars

Review:
*I received an ecopy of this book via Edelweiss. This has not influenced my review.*

WOW. Gosh, these books are always so intense. This one especially so because it’s always intense when there are big battles to be fought. It’s hard to talk about these books without spoiling previous books, so I’ll keep this brief and kinda vague.

This book had all the same great things as the others. Fantastically flawed, gruff, and realistic but likeable characters. Beautiful teamwork and loyalty among the Hell Divers. A super interesting post-apocalyptic world. Writing that really makes you feel the tension and the adrenaline, especially leading up to dives or battles. So much intensity. So much emotion.

Seriously, these books always manage to make me feel so much. Even when it’s a side character and I can’t remember who they were, I feel such sadness when they die that I tear up. And when characters are sad or scared or upset or in a bad situation, I feel so bad for them and worry for them. And the relationships among them are so touching sometimes, so that gets me too.

Overall, this was another fantastic, intense Hell Divers book that left me feeling both happy and sad, and I’m looking forward to seeing what comes next for these characters and this world!

Recommended For:
Fans of Books 1-4 in Nicholas Sanbury Smith's Hell Divers Series. Anyone looking for a crazy, intense, gritty, gripping, unique post-apocalyptic story and gruff, flawed, but still likeable characters.

Original Review @ Metaphors and Moonlight

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Captives.

April 22, 2019 – Shelved (Hardcover Edition)
April 22, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Hardcover Edition)
June 2, 2019 – Started Reading
June 7, 2019 – Shelved as: cover-love
June 7, 2019 – Shelved as: amazing-world-building
June 7, 2019 – Finished Reading
June 10, 2019 – Shelved as: reviewed

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Sumit (new)

Sumit RK Fantastic Review, Kristen!

message 2: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Thomas Loved your review. Mine will be posted soon. I agree. These books are intense! Love them:)

message 3: by Kristen (new) - added it

Kristen Burns Sumit wrote: "Fantastic Review, Kristen!"

Thanks!

message 4: by Kristen (new) - added it

Kristen Burns Laura wrote: "Loved your review. Mine will be posted soon. I agree. These books are intense! Love them:)"

Thanks! I'll be sure to check yours out! Seriously, I'm pretty sure I've used the word 'intense' in every review so far lol.