Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > Her Deadly Secrets

Her Deadly Secrets by Laura Griffin

bookshelves: 2019, arc, favorite-authors, favorite-series, netgalley, publisher, thriller

Her Deadly Secrets is the second book in the Wolfe Security Series.

Kira Vance is a private investigator who's meeting her boss/mentor, Ollie Kovak at the house of their well-known client, Brock Logan, a defense attorney. She's bringing important information in regards to the case they are working on when a gunman surprises them. Her boss is shot, Brock is shot as well and a bullet grazes Kira's body.

The police are called to investigate the crime and this is where we meet another important female character, Charlotte Spears. She's a police detective, who with the help of her partner, Alex Diaz, will go looking to find the shooter.

Kira and the police will continue their investigations parallelly. But Kira is not alone. Her life is in danger and the client hires Wolfe Security to help take care of the threat. Kira is not happy with this new arrangement since she has to uncover the responsible party and there is no way she can stay sequestered in a hotel room when she needs to follow the few clues she has. Thankfully, her assigned bodyguard is Jeremy Owen, a man of few words but someone who makes Kira feel safe in all possible ways.

Laura Griffin can spin a Suspense Romance like no other. Her stories are always well organized and addictive. Once you open the first page, you're pulled into her make-believe world and nothing is as important as finishing the novel.

I love that in Her Deadly Secrets, we get two relevant female characters. Both women were strong-minded, smart and unstoppable. I like Jeremy too. He understood quite early that Kira was not another job. He tried to keep his distance but failed miserably.

I can't wait for the next book in this series!

Cliffhanger: No

4/5 Fangs

A complimentary copy was provided by Gallery Books via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Deadly Secrets.

June 2, 2019 – Shelved
July 14, 2019 – Shelved as: favorite-series
July 14, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley
July 14, 2019 – Shelved as: publisher
July 14, 2019 – Shelved as: thriller

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Yun (new)

Yun Terrific review, Sheyla! I'm glad you're continuing to enjoy this series! 😊

message 2: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Fabulous review, Sheyla!

Sheyla ✎ Yun wrote: "Terrific review, Sheyla! I'm glad you're continuing to enjoy this series! 😊"

Thank you, Yun, Her books are a one-click for me.

Sheyla ✎ Meredith wrote: "Fabulous review, Sheyla!"