Luna Bookish's Reviews > It Would Be Night in Caracas

It Would Be Night in Caracas by Karina Sainz Borgo

bookshelves: arc-won, fiction

I received a copy of this novel from BookCon 2019 for free from the publisher.

This was such a powerful read. It was raw, it was powerful, and it told a very important story. It is filled with heart breaking content, it was an emotional roller coaster. I was sad, angry, and outraged so many times while reading this. The story is really one that needs to be shared because so many people around the world live in these conditions, whether it would be one aspects of the story or all.

The writing goes back and forth through a timeline of a young girl living in Venezuela during very uneasy times. She is faced with that seems like impossible circumstances. I read this book in a single day because I needed to know how Adelaida's story ended. I will say that this is not for every reader if you find human suffering, violence, and tense situations unbearable to read about.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It Would Be Night in Caracas.

June 2, 2019 – Shelved
June 2, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
June 2, 2019 – Shelved as: arc-won
November 4, 2019 – Started Reading
page 29
page 73
page 85
35.42% "This book is making me so angry on behalf of the main character and people around the world who have to deal with this."
page 115