Val Wheeler's Reviews > Gone by Midnight

Gone by Midnight by Candice Fox

Read 2 times

What a fantastic book!

Thank you to Netgalley/the publishers for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book. I was very excited to read this as had only recently read a bookshot by James Patterson and Candice Fox, which I thoroughly enjoyed and after reading the bio of Gone by Midnight I realised that it was the third in the Crimson Lake series.

I must first apologise for the time it's taken me to review, I wanted to be able to review it properly, so had to read the first two in the series, before I could start this book, and boy, was I pleased I did, as it gave me a great background/insight into the characters and their histories. This series has become one of my all time favourites, so I hope there is more to come from these really interesting characters. It could be read alone, but was much more enjoyable knowing the whole background

The series is based in Queensland, Australia and features 2 main characters - Ted Conkaffey, an Ex Police Detective, falsely accused of kidnapping a child, and his current personal investigative partner, Amanda Pharrell, an ex con.

In this particular book they are looking into the disappearance of Ritchie Farrow, who has ben left in a hotel room, with his friends, while Mum and friends dined downstairs. Did he escape, was he abducted? why is he not on CCTV? His mum has instructed Ted to investigate.

I'm not going to give anything away, but would urge you to read this this series, and I will definitely be reading all other books that Candice has written.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone by Midnight.

Finished Reading
November 27, 2018 – Shelved (ebook Edition)
November 27, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (ebook Edition)
November 27, 2018 – Shelved as: netgalley (ebook Edition)
May 10, 2019 – Started Reading (ebook Edition)
May 21, 2019 –
60.0% (ebook Edition)
June 2, 2019 – Shelved
June 2, 2019 – Finished Reading (ebook Edition)