Christina McDonald's Reviews > Favourite Daughter

Favourite Daughter by Kaira Rouda

bookshelves: domestic

If you love yourself a crazy, unhinged protagonist, you need this book in your life. This chick (Jane) is seriously unhinged!

The story follows Jane, who is grieving the death of her oldest daughter. After a year of grieving behind a haze of antidepressants, it's time for her to rejoin the world of the living. But the more she remembers, the more she realizes that something isn't quite right.

Jane is a fascinating character, rude, narcissistic, snarky, and just plain evil, but somehow by the end of the book I actually rooted for her a little.

A devilishly dark delight that was equally riveting and hilarious. My first book by Rouda, but it won't be my last!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Favourite Daughter.

December 31, 2018 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
December 31, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
Started Reading
June 2, 2019 – Shelved
June 2, 2019 – Shelved as: domestic
June 2, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Rose (new) - added it

Rose I was not as impressed as I thought I would be. :( the ending was too rushed.

message 2: by Christina (new) - added it

Christina McDonald Rose wrote: "I was not as impressed as I thought I would be. :( the ending was too rushed." I'm so sorry to hear that! I think you have to really like a pretty unlikeable protagonist to enjoy this book. Hopefully your next read is better! :)

Jayme Glad you enjoyed this! I loved “Best Day Ever” even more!

message 4: by Christina (new) - added it

Christina McDonald Jayme wrote: "Glad you enjoyed this! I loved “Best Day Ever” even more!" I definitely need to add that to my TBR stack! :)

Babydimps (Suzy) I agree this one was awesome! Glad you loved it too! 🌸

message 6: by Christina (new) - added it

Christina McDonald Babydimps (Suzy) wrote: "I agree this one was awesome! Glad you loved it too! 🌸" Yes, it was so cleverly done! I really disliked Jane, but also rooted for her and loved the story. That's fantastic writing! :)