Celisa Steele's Reviews > Milk Eggs Vodka: Grocery Lists Lost and Found

Milk Eggs Vodka by Bill Keaggy

it was ok
Recommended for: nobody--check out the Web site first/instead

What I learned from this book is that I'm a sucker. I heard some review of the book where grocery lists were described as modern-day haikus, and I had to have the book.

Again, in the spirit of full disclosure, I have not read all of this book--it's not really that kind of book. It's more of a coffee-table, skim-it-during-commericials-or-during-solitary-meals-or-boring-phone-calls kind of book.

I've long found lists poetic. There was a middle-aged hippie in my first-semester Arabic class in college, and I remember discussing the previous weekend one Monday (in English, not Arabic--remember this was the first-semester class), and his achievements for the week had included reading, walking around, mixing some cement. I remember thinking that mixing cement sounded very romantic.

Anyhow, Milk Eggs Vodka is a cool concept, but I don't think it's necessarily worth killing trees to view these lists and the usually (but not always) witty commentary and factoids in a book. Save a few books and a few trees, and check out grocerylists.org instead.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Milk Eggs Vodka.

Started Reading