Wendi Wilson's Reviews > The Demon Kiss

The Demon Kiss by Juliana Haygert

You ever read a book, and just want to jump into the pages and punch someone?? It's called being invested in a set of characters so much, you really care what about happens to them and the choices they make.
Erin enters a supposedly haunted house on a dare, and all hell breaks loose...literally. Her life becomes a bit of a whirlwind after that, with one secret after another being revealed in a fast-paced, entertaining story that'll keep you on the edge of your seat.
Rey is a tortured soul that, despite doing terrible things in his life, longs to protect Erin and make choices that he thinks are for her own good. His heart is in the right place, and he thinks he's protecting her, but as much as I LOVE him, I want to punch him in the face, sometimes. Hahaha
There's a dual-POV and I have to say, I loved reading from Rey's perspective, too. I totally understood why he did the things he did because of that perspective, but still...face-punch.
The setting is great, the world-building is fabulous, and the characters are both flawed and endearing.
Loved it, and can't wait for book 2!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Demon Kiss.

May 31, 2019 – Started Reading