Samantha's Reviews > The Flatshare

The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary

Read 2 times

I ADORED this book. Tiffy and Leon are halves of one whole beautiful love story.
What enthralled me the most was the clarity of each character's voice. O'Leary masterfully switched between these vastly different POVs with perfect ease. Tiffy and Leon were so crisp and vibrant, they practically leaped off the page. (Although, admittedly, Tiffy would likely be doing most of the leaping.)
I didn't expect this story to hit me as deeply as it did, but I found myself completely immersed in each character's story: Tiffy's slow, heart-wrenching coming to terms with her relationship, Leon's determination to help his brother and his dogged search for Johnny White. I started the book expecting a rather simple, fun romance, but what I got instead was so much better. These characters stole my heart from the very first chapters, and now at the end, I'm left desperately wishing for it to not be over. I would happily read sagas about Tiffy and Leon's little flat and notes and the foxes next door and Leon's obsession with a bricklayer-turned-designer.
With this book, Beth O'Leary has my eternal love, and I plan to follow what I'm sure will be a wonderful and long writing career. As for me, I would read her grocery list!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Flatshare.

Finished Reading
May 18, 2019 – Started Reading (Other Hardcover Edition)
May 18, 2019 – Shelved (Other Hardcover Edition)
May 19, 2019 –
57.0% (Other Hardcover Edition)
May 22, 2019 – Finished Reading (Other Hardcover Edition)
June 1, 2019 – Shelved