Kara (Rotella Reads)'s Reviews > Teardrop Shot

Teardrop Shot by Tijan

bookshelves: arcs, top-reads-of-2019

Tijan, oh Tijan. What have you done to me?

I'll be 100% honest and say that when I started this book, it didn't feel like a Tijan novel. The female main character, Charlie, was unlike anything she's ever written. I was so worried that I wouldn't like this read based on the quirky and sarcastic nature of Charlie's personality. But as the story progressed, I became more in love with the different approach Tijan took with this read. I became completely enthralled with the characters' unique qualities and personalities. Instead of feeling like this wasn't her usual style, I started to feel like "wow, she's really taking this to a whole new level!"

Who couldn't love a book about a NBA super-fan completely down on her luck, meeting her basketball idol in the flesh and having to interact with him on a professional level. It was the perfect set up for an epic, embarrassing tragedy or a love story you could only dream about. The thrill of finding out which one it would end up being was half the fun of this read.

The hero, Reese Forester is my newest book boyfriend. He was perfection in this novel. I don't think there was a single thing I disliked about his character. Brooding, focused, charismatic, driven, sweet and oh so sexy! A baller with a heart of gold. Did I mention how smoking hot he was?

Teardrop Shot shook me. It broke me emotionally. It ruined my mascara. Sure, the beginning was fun and silly and comical. But things got down right serious and emotional in this book. Deep and catastrophic life experiences were interlaced in this witty romance read. And I loved it that much more for it. I connected with the characters on a deeper level because of their struggles and heartache. No one in this read was left unscathed by life and all that it throws at you. This book was so powerful, it's hard to put into words just how truly incredible it was for an atypical sports romance. From beginning to end, I was held captive. I just couldn't put it down.

I received an ARC of this book from Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Teardrop Shot.

June 1, 2019 – Shelved