Lillian's Reviews > Barefoot Beach

Barefoot Beach by Debbie Mason

I received an eARC of this book via Netgalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of this review.

So many feels! Barefoot Beach by Debbie Mason is the eighth installment of Harmony Harbor which follows the story of one family in a small town. I’ve enjoyed every minute of this series, but let me tell you something….I loved this one! Marco and Theia’s story is aching sweet and super steamy from page one. I’ll even admit to shedding a tear or two for this couple and their plight.

Theia Lawson was first introduced a couple of books ago as a freelance pilot. She picked up a few flights for the manor, flying in guests. What wasn’t known is that she is working for Wicklow Developments….remember them?! That’s the company that is trying to buy Greystone Manor and turn it into a condo development. I was not expecting that twist in her story. Theia is a retired navy pilot, she’s honest to a fault, and extremely loyal. That last one is the kicker. Her loyalty is to the wrong people. Despite all this I had a hard time seeing her as the villain and you’ll see why if you read it.

Marco DiRossi is the older brother of Sophie (remember her from the first book!) and Liam Gallagher’s best friend. I have loved Marco since the beginning. He is the golden boy: firefighter, paramedic, lifeguard, oh and he owns a food truck and can cook wonders. What you see is what you get with him. He doesn’t try to hide anything. Marco is an open book, except when it comes to love. So far he has managed to stay out of Rosa DiRossi’s matchmaking schemes, but his luck runs out here. And truly he isn’t ready.

Theia and Marco’s meet-cute is not so cute, but it is hilarious. Let’s just say a little mix up causes Theia to get soaked with Marco’s firehose. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed thta hard when reading one of Mason’s books. Naturally they get off on the wrong foot, but there is instant chemistry. Marco finds her intriguing, and Theia may drool over him a little….which I don’t blame her in the least! However her involvement with Wicklow Developments is waiting to implode.

Overall I really enjoyed Barefoot Beach. I couldn’t sit it down. I finished it in less than 24 hours and regret nothing! Marco and Theia are my favorite couple from Harmony Harbor so far. Though I’ll admit I can’t wait to read the next one which involves my favorite holiday AND the grandson of the CEO of Wicklow. If you enjoy sweet, contemporary romance with a little insta-love and a ghost or two, I highly recommend you make this your beach read this summer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Barefoot Beach.

June 1, 2019 – Started Reading