Emily's Reviews > Guns and Roses

2471911
Feb 26, 2012

bookshelves: romantic-suspense, anthology
Read from February 26 to 28, 2012

There was such a variety in this anthology, I'm going to rate the individual stories below. I read this because I love Roxanne St. Claire's Bullet Catcher series, but I ended up putting a couple new authors on my tbr list. Overall, a really good anthology, definitely worth reading.

Pick Your Poison (A Bullet Catchers Novella) by Roxanne St. Claire- 4 stars. The story was good but I didn't feel the chemistry between the characters like I usually do with St. Claire's work. Liked it but didn't love it.

Nightfall by Laura Griffin- 5 stars. Loved it! I've never read Griffin's work before, but I will now.

Above Reproach by Allison Brennan- 3.5 stars. This one was just okay for me but I did really like the ending.

Dead Flowers by Lori Armstrong- 5 stars. Best story in the anthology in my opinion. I've never read Lori Armstrong but she just went to the top of my tbr list.

Blood and Roses by Sylvia Day- 5 stars. Loved this one too, great story, great chemistry.

Rebel Rose by Karin Tabke- 4 stars. Pretty good, hinted at a continuation of the story, which I would read.

A Punishing Night by Sophie Littlefield- 3 stars. Just okay for me, nothing special about this one.

The Housewife Assassin's Bloody Valentine by Josie Brown- 3 stars. I'm surprised I got through this one, it was too far-fetched for my taste.

King of Hearts by Lorelei James- 3 stars. I've never read Lorlei James, probably would have liked this better if I'd read the series it goes with.

Bobbie Faye's Whacked-Out, No-Good, Really Sucky, Hot Mess of a Wedding by Toni McGee Causey- I won't rate this one, because I couldn't finish it. It was another one that was just too far-fetched and silly for me. Again, probably would be better for someone who's read the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Guns and Roses.

Nicole I love Lori Armstrong and Julie is one of my all time favorite heroines. Have you had the chance to read the series yet? It's so worth it. And Lorelei James writes under the name Lori Armstrong. Her Rough Riders series is one of my favorite series.

Nicole That sounded weird. The author Lorelei James is Lori Armstrong. She writes under both names.

Emily I read the first one & loved it, will definitely finish the series when I get the chance. I've thought about reading her Lorelei James stuff, but I think it's a little much for me. I'm not really into erotic romance & some of the book descriptions scared me off a little. Have you read her other Lori Armstrong series?

Nicole Emily wrote: "I read the first one & loved it, will definitely finish the series when I get the chance. I've thought about reading her Lorelei James stuff, but I think it's a little much for me. I'm not really..."

Her Rough Riders series is very erotic so if it's not your thing I wouldn't suggest reading it. Personally, I love the series.

I have read her Mercy Gunderson series. I liked it, probably not as much as I love the Julie Collins series though.