Joseph Thomas's Reviews > Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal

Lamb by Christopher Moore

OK so I was wary of this book because of the subject manner as I am a Christian. However, I know myself and I do not get offended easily and decided that I would give it a go. One thing I do like is how the book calls The Messiah Joshua, not Jesus.

Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal is written from the perspective of Levi, also known as Biff. Biff is resurrected in modern times by an angel to put to words his testament to the life of Joshua/Jesus. His story fills in the "gaps" in Joshua's live from the age of about 6 until he is crucified. Together Joshua and Biff have some adventures as they journey together to find the knowledge Joshua seeks to fulfill his role as the Messiah and Hijinks ensue.

While there are some parts of this book that will offend those who are easily offended when it comes to this subject, the story really does not feel as if it's intent was to poke fun at Christianity, but rather to take a subject that is the source of some heated arguments and wars, and tell it with a humorous angle and some lighter tones. And of course, it is completely made up.

I would recommend this book if you know that this is a subject that you can tolerate to be seen from a fictional point of view.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lamb.

Started Reading
February 25, 2012 – Shelved
February 25, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

❀Aimee❀ Just one more page... We sound so alike in our reason for reading and assessment of the book. :) I'm Christian and not easily offended too. This had a Monty Python feel to it.