Tari's Reviews > A Bias for Murder

A Bias for Murder by Sally Goldenbaum

bookshelves: aug-2019-e-reader-challenge

The quilters got a large commission in this book when the twin sister of a recently murdered beloved local scholar arrived in town. She didn't leave the best impression on people and shocked the town when she announced that she was opening a B&B in her family's mansion. The Queen Bee Quilt Shop quilters were happy to take on the task of making eight quilts to go in eight of the rooms of the B&B. In the meantime, a killer was lurking out there someplace, and Po & Crew knew that they'd be investigating.

Somehow this book seemed to move a lot slower than the previous two. The story was good, and we got the usual camaraderie of the ladies and their friends. I always love it when Po has Sunday dinner at her house for her friends. It give them a chance to talk about the case and pick any brains, but PJ wasn't even working the case this time which seemed a little odd. All in all, I did like it and the showdown was exciting. As it turned out, the town had a couple of new people to call friends. Now I'm wondering if the original fourth book in this series is going to be redone. I know this author's name isn't on it, and I'm not sure if the name Marnette Falley is a pen name for her or not. I at least have a copy of the original fourth book called "Dog-Gone Murder", so I intend to read it and see if any closure was brought to this series that ended. I have two couples in mind that I would like to see happily ever afters for! ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Bias for Murder.

March 8, 2019 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
May 31, 2019 – Shelved