EinsteinShrugged's Reviews > Autumn

Autumn by David Moody

Feb 25, 2012

liked it
Read from February 26 to March 06, 2012 — I own a copy

I am beginning to absolutely love Mister Moody. I read Hater a few years ago and immediately picked up Dog Blood, the follow up, as soon as I could get my grubby little hands on it. As I'm *still* waiting on the final book for that trilogy (tap tap, Mister Moody) I stumbled across this, the first in the Autumn series.

EDIT: I am a big fan of the Hater series by Moody and picked up the Autumn series thinking it would be just as good. I should, perhaps, reconsider how often I go around thinking. I managed to finished Autumn, Autumn: Disintegration and Autumn: Purification and am giving them all the same reviews here just so that I might save another bibliophile the same fate.

The Autumn series is slow, two-dimensional, filled with gawd-awful dialogue and generally a chore to read. The fact that I read the full three books is a testament to my own stubbornness and in no way should be seen as an indication that anyone else should read all three. I've given each title two stars because it is, in fact, an interesting premise. But nothing more. Having said all that - if you really must give it a go - read the first book (Autumn) and then be done with it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Autumn.