Dianne's Reviews > The Brides of the Big Valley: 3 Romances from a Unique Pennsylvania Amish Community

The Brides of the Big Valley by Wanda E. Brunstetter

it was ok
bookshelves: 2019, amish-or-religous, galleys-arcs

I'm very sorry to say that I did not enjoy this book as much as I had expected to. Two out of three of the stories were very depressing (in my opinion), yes they did have the romantic HEA, but with daily life...not so much. The first story could almost be considered a tragedy.

The second problem I had was with how the forward was written. This book contains at least three different sects f the Amish and the author of the forward never did give an adequate enough description of the sects for me to fully understand them.

Novella 1 - Deanna's Determination -this was a story of tragedy overcome.
Novella 2 - Rosemary’s Resolve -this one was about an English youth falling for an Amish girl and what they had to overcome.
Novella 3 -Leila’s Longing -this one is a bit more difficult to describe in one sentence. I had problems with understanding Leila's issues (I thought for a while that she had mild Autism) and I also found that the tragedy that befallen Leila' family was unnecessary to forward the story.

*ARC supplied by publisher.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Brides of the Big Valley.

May 31, 2019 – Started Reading