Myndi 's Reviews > Second Chance: A Collection of Three Emotional Angsty Standalone Romances

Second Chance by Siobhan Davis

When Forever Changes:
5 absolutely heart-wrenching, but also happy dancing stars!

First of all, I just have to say that I LOVE that there is a character named Myndi! Thank you, Siobhan Davis!!! Can we get Myndi's story too???

Now that that's out of the way. I freaking adore Gabby. She is amazing and complicated and loving and just an all around wonderful character. I am completely smitten with Slater. What a great guy. He's patient and caring and just what every girl dreams of...a guy that's totally focused on her and wants her to be happy. I wanted to hate Dylan, I mean, I think everyone probably will! But, Davis has created so many facets to this character that you just can't help but love him anyway.

There is so much emotion in this story. There is so much heart ache and grief. Be prepared to cry, (possibly even at work on your break like I did!) Love and happiness abound as well though, so don't be afraid to read it because you would be missing out. This author is just one of those authors that I KNOW I'm going to love the book. I always make sure that I have plenty of time to read, because I know it will be the kind of book I won't want to put down. I will be a Siobhan Davis fan for life!

Inseparable:
Davis always has the ability to get me so emotionally invested in a book that I can't seem to put it down. Her writing is so beautiful and eloquent that when I read the first paragraph, I had to stop and read it to my 15 year old daughter, an aspiring writer. It will probably go down as one of my all time favorite book openings.

Angelina, Devin and Ayden are such complex and interesting characters. As we read about their friendship, their lives, the tragedies and the joys, it's so easy to get pulled in and feel for these characters as if they were your friends, your relatives. I found myself in tears several times throughout the reading of this book, both happy and sad. You will find immense grief in this book, but also understanding and happiness. You will struggle to make sense of things that happen and feel loss as if it was your own. There are parts in the story that broke my heart, but also parts where you can see the characters learning from their lives and learning to move on. A big theme in this book, moving on. Not that we forget the things that brought us to where we are, we "Always Remember," and it shapes who we are.

There are very difficult situations in this story that the author has written about with compassion, understanding, and finesse. These things are not easy to deal with, but are common in our world, and unfortunately a lot of times glossed over. I appreciate, very much, the author's inclusion of some help lines at the end of the book for anyone who might be struggling with similar issues.

If you're a fan of Siobhan Davis' work, if you love an angsty NA contemporary romance, if you enjoy reading about second chances in life, you're going to want to pick up this book.

Only Ever You:
This romance is full of angst, emotion, mystery, and misery. It's also full of redemption, forgiveness, and plenty of steamy scenes.
I love stories that involve a second chance. There are second chances all over this story. There is the obvious second chance romance, there are kids with bad upbringings getting second chances, there are even parents who missed their kid's childhood getting another chance to be a part of their lives.
There is so much pain and sadness throughout, this story will surely pull at your heartstrings. Along with the sad, however, there is plenty of happy redeeming moments. You will want to cheer for Ryder and Zeta as they find their way through a life that didn't always give them the chances to be happy.
I love how this book sheds light on some things that people still seem to stick a stigma to (the author very intelligently addresses this in her afterward,) such as mental illness and dealing with the aftermath of traumatic experiences. There is such a great support system in place for the affected, it shows us how a truly supportive circle should be in these circumstances.
One of my favorite things about Davis's stand alone works, is how she wraps them up with such closure that we get to see with our own eyes that the characters are happy and well-adjusted. I'm always left with such a feeling of contentment after finishing one of her books. I need that closure, because her characters work their way deep into my heart and I just need to know that they are ok.
If you love angsty romance, rock star romance, contemporary/thriller type romance, or just Siobhan Davis work in general, you're going to love this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Second Chance.

May 30, 2019 – Started Reading