C.G. Drews's Reviews > The Witch Doesn't Burn in This One

The Witch Doesn't Burn in This One by Amanda Lovelace

bookshelves: poetry, read-2019

this was entirely magically ragey and so feminist, it really was a lit match to all the injustices women face. i am all for women being angry, but that is a fire that burns out, so i almost wish there had been a poem to say remember to rest too? it's a collection of fierceness and justice and burning, but i think i liked her first one better...i'm keen to try the 3rd next

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Witch Doesn't Burn in This One.

May 30, 2019 – Started Reading
May 30, 2019 – Shelved
May 30, 2019 – Shelved as: poetry
May 30, 2019 – Shelved as: read-2019
May 30, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Rebecca As far as I can tell, the series of books as a whole does that. The first builds up and ignites, this one burns and destroys, and the third is the cool down and healing. I haven’t read books 3 yet but from the description that’s what it sounds like to me. I’m in love with these books though. 🙂 I can’t wait to see what you think of book 3. I need to pick it up soon.

message 2: by C.G. (new) - added it

C.G. Drews ohhh that makes sense! The first one did feel like a lot of grieving but ready to rebuild, while this one was so angry (but I'm not meaning that in a negative way!). I definitely will get to book 3 soon too.