Erin Sky's Reviews > Lunar Court

Lunar Court by Aileen Erin

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think this one was my favorite yet!!! How do they just keep getting better???

Cosette is a fey princess--a flaming-sword wielding, kick butt and take names later kind of fey princess, who wants nothing to do with the fey Lunar Court but is bound to it by blood. Chris is a werewolf with a battered childhood. Controlled by the moon, he can't be bound to the Lunar Court without becoming a slave.

They can't be together, but they can't deny their feelings. So when an Archon tells Chris there might be a way to break his lunar tie, Chris enters the fey Court of Gales, an underground world of double-talk and corruption that reminds him far too much of his own troubled past. He would do anything for Cosette. Anything. But that's easy to say when you don't know what "anything" might mean...

I freaking loved this book. I've loved every book in the series, and this spinoff that gives two of my favorite characters their own story made me SO HAPPY!!! My FAVORITE things are Chris and Cosette themselves, but another thing I loved about it is the view into the fey courts. We've seen so little of the fey way of life throughout the series--just glimpses where the fey interacted with the wolves--and I loved getting a real introduction to that part of Aileen Erin's supernatural world.

This is a HIGHLY SATISFYING slump-buster of a read. If you haven't read the series, the first few wolf books give you some background into how the wolf stuff works in this world, but this one also works as a standalone if you're more into fey magic than werewolves.

P.S. In the back of the book, Aileen Erin asks readers about future releases 2021 and beyond. I'd like an Eli book please. 6 out of 5 stars for Eli. (No, I am not biased. Okay, yes, I might be biased.)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lunar Court.

May 30, 2019 – Started Reading