B.E.Love's Reviews > doyenne.

doyenne. by Anne Malcom

Not at all what I expected, and I loved every minute of it.
I’m not even sure how to write a review for this book, its dark and brutal and harsh, sad and heartbreaking and yet an amazing book with the only happy ending these two unconventional characters would want. This isn’t your happy go lucky book, it won’t give you thoughts of walking through the tulips but it also won’t leave you once your done reading this book. And both Jacob and Charlotte will be characters you won’t be able to stop thinking about. Now saying that this book isn’t some crazy train wreck, but like a wreck once you pick this book up you won’t be able to look away from it.

Charlotte is the most powerful woman in business she rules and wins everything she sets her mind to and her newest project is no different, it will make her career something unheard of. Till she walks home late one night and a man she meets on the street has plans of his own. Not being able to guess her life would take this turn a dark hero steps in and saves her. Jacob isn’t a hero but he is to Charlotte. He’s no prince charming running in on his white steed he’s a dark all consuming presence who does what he does best as well as what needs to be done.

Now Charlotte’s life is completely different and Jacob is yet again there for Charlotte and now there’s no leaving Charlottes life. What started as something simple, dark but simple in Both Charlotte and Jacobs life quickly turns into a thing neither of these two people thought they would ever have. And though they both come from different world’s there’s something they both know and that is that the world is a cruel ugly place that isn’t finished with them yet.

Like Anne Malcom’s last book I’m having a hard time reviewing this book. It’s not the same book not even similar but like the last book I was blown away with this one. Both Jacob and Charlotte have ugly hard lives but maybe that’s why I fell in love with them both so much and was rooting for them so hard. Their love may not be conventional but it was amazing and beautiful and I loved seeing them fall in love when at times it seemed like the world was falling apart all around them.
I was so surprised at several things that happened in this book, I’m pretty good at guessing plots and turns but Anne Malcom completely shocked me. Though this isn’t her typical book we see the talent and are transported to a world that she took so much time with.. When we read most of us want happy and for our books to fit into a box we have created in our mind and Jacob and Charlotte don’t’ and their lives don’t but seeing them find love and beauty with everything going around them was amazing.

I don’t want to spoil anything form this book so I am being a little vague (again like my last review) on purpose. I will say I highly recommend this book, and though it’s been a few days since I have read this book you should know that I am still have emotions and feelings toward this story, and it’s one I find myself thinking about often. And if you read a book and days later it still comes back to you and you can’t seem to let it go I think that says it all.

*thank you Anne Malcom for this Beta copy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read doyenne..

May 26, 2019 – Started Reading