Hannah's Reviews > Everbound

Everbound by Brodi Ashton

2039502
Feb 25, 2012

bookshelves: need-this-book-now, epic-covers, arcs-i-own, arc, signed-copy, from-author-4-review, official-wishlist
Read from November 14 to 15, 2012

I'm ever-hooked on these books. Everneath was freaking genius and this book was one of the most amazing follow-ups I have Ever. Read. It's well-written, I mean I could hardly put this down to do ANYTHING! The story is super unique and the romance is one gigantic SWOON-FEST! So maybe we should start there because it's so much fun to talk about. :D

I don't know how ANYONE, and I literally mean, anyone, could ever be on Team Cole after this book. I applaud you if you are, but seriously? Ever-Yours Jack is like a girls guilty pleasure. He's perfect, okay not really, but he's close to perfection. Jack has got one heck of a crazy palette of characteristics to make him attractive. And he has weaknesses. He does. I promise you. I just can't think of them right now. But sadly, with an alas and alack, the only way we really get to see him in this book is through the memories Nikki has of their whole friendship and relationship as she tries to find him. That saddened me, since HECK, I want Jack in the book! But, Brodi magically knew this and so she strategically cleverly inserted the memories. And let me just say, I am Ever-Swooning.

description

I don't know of any other way to describe how hot he is (yeah, gif's solve EVERYTHING), and how amazing they are together. The growing and budding of their relationship that you get to see in this book is like so well built and so well told it leaves NOTHING to be desired. And they are FREAKING ADORBS in this book you just want to wrap them both in a hug and bestow XOXO's on them forever...well mostly Jack. I'm not kidding you guys, they are like Perfectly built and portrayed that you want to die with them, laugh with them and swoon with Nikki. EVER-WOW.

Nikki was one ever-awesome main character. She's got to be one of my favorite MC's. Her narrative voice is smooth and mind-sucking. Well not mind-sucking, more like you-must-not-put-this-book-down-or-do-any-thing-other-than-read. But we can all agree that this is the same as mind-sucking, can we not?

description

Nik goes through some insane emotions in this book. From hope to despair to love...it was one heck of a ride. And even though your mind is like constantly swooning over Jack, you're always caring for her just as much and wishing you could hug her or just shake her freaking hand! Nikki has probably got to be one of my favorite charries ever. She's really strong and she is very smart. It's really easy to find a great plot and then have an idiot for a lead. Nikki gives us the opposite of that. These books are everything you could ever want and more. I totally loved every moment in Nikki's head.

(view spoiler)

Cole. Cole. Cole. What are we going to do about you? You are very confusing and conflicting and honestly, I don't see how Nikki could ever want to be with you. Okay fine, you're immortal, and handsome, I guess, (Jack, tell me why I feel like a traitor admitting that!) but still! He's...HE'S.....(very aggravating)....!!!!!!!!! I can't say anything, to keep to my spoiler-free policy....but I mean this book is like one big 300 page TEAM JACK campaign. Literally!

Fine, he's got the mysterious factor going for him..but BUT.. he doesn't always have the greatest intentions and even though he says he's all for Nikki...he doesn't prove it. Okay maybe he does a LITTLE bit. But LOOK AT THE FREAKING END OF EVERNEATH. (if you're looking for the spoiler, sorry to disappoint. Read the book.) Nothing compares with Jack. Cole will never EVER win. I mean no offense if you are all for Team Cole. Be my guest! One less person to fight with over Jack. Either way, I mean it was interesting to learn more-ish about him, but just No. Never will I Ever. I should probably stop talking....

Moving on, I stand in awe of Brodi's flawless writing. The way she blended everything and made it work. The way she told things so simply and well enough to suck us in. Between Nikki's memories and the different aspects of emotions that ride through this book, it was like...I will never put this book down. Can I like be your writing critique student Brodi? Yeah, probably not ever gonna happen, but a girl can dream right?! I seriously can only hope to have a book so awesomely written someday! :P *applause*

I seriously can't think of any problem I had with this book. It had plenty of Jack to make up for him missing from the main storyline and with that plenty of suh-woony scenes. It had emotional drive and action. We learn lots of things about Cole and the Everneath. It was EVER-EPIC. And now I'm kinda DYING for Ever-the-third. *Inky whimpers dramatically* Let me have you now. Let me cuddle you in my arms and relive every second of Jack (and Nikki..) for-EVER.

Content: Milderate
(Some language - sh**, Da**, Deity, he** each a few times. Kisses. A bit of light innuendo. A couple sleeps next to each other.)

BIG THANK YOU TO BRODI FOR THE ARC!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everbound.

11/15/2012 page 154
40.0% "THIS BOOK IS EVER-AWESOME!!!" 4 comments
show 1 hidden update…

♥ Becky  22 ohh my god, lucky you!!! :)

manda-rae agh! can't wait for this one!!!!!!