Book Bite Reviews's Reviews > The Dragon of New Orleans

The Dragon of New Orleans by Genevieve Jack

bookshelves: on-my-kindle

The Dragon of New Orleans is an exemplary paranormal romance, although it starts off with two people dying. Regardless, it brings all the feelings I like not because of the sex but because Dragons! C'mon! Paranormal Romance is one of my favourite genres, and yes, there is the sexy time if that sorta thing turns you on.

Ravenna Tanglewood is suffering from brain cancer - a bitch, no doubt about it- and she is very near death when a mysterious dark figure appears before her. She thinks Death has come for her and is just a figment of her imagination but, his name is actually Gabriel Blakemore and he has come to save her by giving her his tooth. This is his price to saving someone he deems worthy, in turn, they must be willing to work for him. He's gentle and reasonable and doesn't force anyone really, but if they want to live? They do what he says or not.

A dragon from Paragon, Gabriel Blakemore is dark and drop dead gorgeous with a voice like Clint Eastwood :) There was something about Ravenna that drew him to her and in the course of history, literally, we find out she is descendant of a powerful witch/sorceress. She didn't know that about herself, neither did he, only she had psychic powers before cancer. Her history proves interesting, the paranormal aspect, and New Orleans? I Love. She was fortunate Gabriel saved her. After 3 months they meet again because with his tooth they are bonded moreover, Ravenna's witchy powers become more prevalent. One night she comes close to being raped and he senses something wrong and rescues her yet again. He is protective of his investments because Dragons are like that. They like to sit on and fiercely protect their treasures. Smaug anyone?

What a wild and perilous adventure they embark on! Gabriel needs her like a moth to a flame or something cool and metaphorical like that lol

A witches curse was slowly killing him, draining him of his magic, which if he didn't find a cure, he would die or turn to stone. In the realm of Paragon, there is a mountain and magic. His mother was supposed to be dead because Gabriel thought his uncle Brynhoff (fuckhead) killed her and his brother, Marius, the ruler and king, but Raven and Gabriel portal to that realm and learn that his mother IS VERY MUCH ALIVE and ruling beside Uncle Brynhoff! What an interesting world that was! It was amazing they got out alive but barely.

Back in New Orleans...
We were introduced to Gabriel's brother, Tobias who is the main character in the next book 'Windy City Dragon' . He's a doctor in Chicago. That brings us to why they are living in our world. Let's just say it was Eleanor, their mother who sent them here. And the plot thickens :)

I Loved It! 5 amazing skulls because dragons duh :P

"The smile he gave her was sexy enough to melt her dress."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dragon of New Orleans.

May 29, 2019 – Shelved
May 29, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
May 30, 2019 – Started Reading
14.0% (MP3 CD Edition)
May 30, 2019 –
34.0% "Great new book by Genevieve Jack! There be sexy dragons" (MP3 CD Edition)
May 30, 2019 –
51.0% "Chapter 16" (MP3 CD Edition)
May 30, 2019 –
70.0% "Chapter 22" (MP3 CD Edition)
May 30, 2019 – Shelved as: on-my-kindle