Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers's Reviews > Second Chance: A Collection of Three Emotional Angsty Standalone Romances

Second Chance by Siobhan Davis

20126898

💞 ONLY EVER YOU

Only Ever You is Siobhan Davis’ newest emotionally charged second chance rock star love story. I have been following Siobhan’s writing for the last few years and each book touches my heart in some way or another. This one is no different. It’s about second chances and not just in the love department.

Ryder and Zeta met under difficult circumstances but their love was real. Until he had to leave her behind, confused and broken hearted. Ryder was just as devastated but thought it was the only way to keep her safe. They have never forgotten their connection. It’s embedding in them. She should hate him. He should walk away again. But he can’t. Now, that she is standing in front of him again, eight years later, he doesn’t want to let her go.

Life is full of choices. She could have said no but deep down she knew she wouldn’t. This is an opportunity to find out the truth about why he left. Why he has been acting like the biggest manwhore on the planet. Why she can’t forget about him. It’s also about her career. To live with his band while they record their newest album. To write a documentary. Will it all be worth it when she gets her answers?

I don’t want to spoil anything but I will say...what a fucking ride it was! There are two parts to the story and I loved that. It was like two books in one. It’s not an easy book but it was so worth it. The characters’ childhoods were hard ones. Their adult ones are still suffering for it. I thought the writing was spectacular. The characters real and raw. The side characters were sometimes sweet. Sometimes assholes. I do hope to see them again.

Overall...it was fantastic read full of twists, love, loss, second chances, and rock stars.

Quotes:

“Zeta,” he whispers, never taking his eyes off my face.
I love the way he rasps my name, and a throbbing ache starts building between my thighs. “What?” I whisper back.
“I think I need you in my life.” His eyes burrow deep into mine as he lifts his hand, extending it toward me. “Friends?”

“I never imagined you could have it all yet have nothing at the same time,” I muse, resting my head back.

“You knew the girl I was, but you don’t know the woman I’ve become.”
“That may be true, but I’d like to get a chance to know her.”

💞 WHEN FOREVER CHANGES

When Forever Changes is Siobhan Davis’ next angsty and emotional read. I have read almost all of Siobhan’s books and have loved them all but this one is my new favorite!! I wrote so many notes while reading but I won’t be using any of them. I do not want to spoil the story. The synopsis is perfection.

Gabby found her forever when she was only ten years old. Their lives were planned out. Their love epic. He was her everything and she was his. Then things changed. He changed. She didn’t know what was happening to the boy she fell in love with. He was crushing her. Over and over. She didn’t know what to do with this. Everything was changing so rapidly. Will their love survive or will the fairytale end? She knew deep down love was still there but was it enough?

Ok. That’s all I can really say and I know it wasn’t much. I will say that it was one of the most emotional reads I have read this year. I cried so hard. I also felt angry. I wanted to throw my iPad. I wanted to slap some characters. I wanted to hug some too. I was all of the place with this one and I loved it. My heart was in it from the very beginning until the very end.

Overall...it was an emotional rollercoaster that gave me every last feel. I laughed. I swooned. I cried. I flushed. I cringed. It was everything I never expected. I knew Siobhan would get me angst but damn...the emotional toll was not what I totally expected.

P.S Enjoy my tears, Siobhan.

Quotes:

“You deserve the world, Dimples, and I intend to give it to you.”

“Oh, honey, don’t waste your time trying to figure out the inner workings of the male brain. You’ll just give yourself a headache.”

“It’s amazing what one can accomplish with the right motivation,” I joke.

**I voluntarily reviewed this book for an advanced copy.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Second Chance.

Finished Reading