Tracy Reed's Reviews > Matched

Matched by Ally Condie

I've owned this book for a long time, It's always been sitting on the shelf in every house I've lived in. It was only recently that I decided to pick it up an read it again, there were a few reasons behind this, one was that I wasn't sure I'd actually finished the first time around and two, that I remembered that I enjoyed it, I remember wanting to finish it and read on in the series, but for some reason or another I never did.
I very much enjoyed the premise of the story, I love dystopian fiction - I always have - which is why I was drawn to this, but it lacks an explanation. It needed more about how we got here, how the world ended up the way it did, with that I think it would have improved greatly.
Overall, I like the story, the way Cassia develops to break from what is expected of her, I love the chemistry between Cassia and Ky, and I enjoyed trying to picture what the world looked like for them. But I think the flow of the story and writing could have been improved, some of it did not feel natural which is a shame.

I am, however, still hopeful for the second and third books.

- T

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Matched.

May 29, 2019 – Started Reading