Kira-Richelle's Reviews > The Priory of the Orange Tree

The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon

bookshelves: favorites

I can hardly even think of the right words to describe just how fantastic this book was. Incredibly beautiful and well-written, if it wasn't so long, I'd read it again! If you are looking for the next fantasy epic, this is your book. Told from alternating perspectives, The Priory of the Orange Tree eclipses an entire world, many continents, and people of all sorts from an enchanting other-world.

This book sent tingles down my spine at every new twist and revelation. As I reached the end, I couldn't put it down until I had exhausted every last page. The characters are diverse and motivated, each lending to their own personal story and journey. It's an absolute must-read.

Of course, it is an incredibly long book (over 800 pages.) It is divided into parts, but I wonder if it might be better served as books of a series rather than one hefty tome.

That being said, I was enthralled throughout every last one of those 800 pages. Stories and characters that do not seem connected begin to intertwine and you start to see the stretch of influence and change across the plot lines. What appear to be unrelated people and places soon start to converge on a central event and the world comes crashing down. You can hardly tear your eyes from the page as you dive deeper into political intrigue, magic, and murder.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Priory of the Orange Tree.

May 28, 2019 – Shelved