Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews's Reviews > Just One of the Groomsmen

Just One of the Groomsmen by Cindi Madsen

bookshelves: 2019, books-to-review

I loved this book and could not put it down. In fact, I wasn't too busy at work and read some of it there (but don't tell my boss!).

This small town in Alabama has a group of friends, 4 guys and 1 girl, that bonded and became the best of friends. Now one of them is getting married and it has brought back one friend to share in the celebration. Tucker doesn't know what hits him when he sees Addie's legs sticking out from under a car. All of a sudden, she is more than just one of the guys. The same holds true for Addie, something happens when she sees Tucker again and she tries to fight it but is losing that battle pretty quickly.

This book moves along very quickly and I loved the interactions between all of the friends and then between Addie and Lexi (Shep's fiancee) especially when Lexi asks Addie's help in planning the wedding. Ummm, Addie has no idea about some of those but because Shep is one of her best friends, she will do whatever it takes to help out.

The story is not without its ups and downs, misunderstandings, and crazy antics from all of the characters. It does show us that true friendship will go to any length to keep that sacred.

This is one of my favorite books this year and major props to the author for only including a couple of f* bombs.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just One of the Groomsmen.

May 28, 2019 – Started Reading