Ana (bananareads)'s Reviews > Osgood As Gone

Osgood As Gone by Cooper S. Beckett

bookshelves: 2019

I have received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
I like when I pick up a book without having extremely high expectations and I end up enjoying it. That happened with this one. I liked the cover and I did think that I'd have fun reading it, but it was much more than that, I enjoyed it more than I expected.
(I'm not writing a synopsis, you can read it up there.)
Pros: I loved all the little details and clues that characters were solving and they were put together in a very creative way, in my opinion. The story happens in 2019, but I felt like it was happening in 1990s, it was a strange, but wonderful combo. Excellent job! At one point I thought to myself "This cover and the vibe of the story remind me of TMNT for some reason" and then Osgood and Zack started talking about it, it made me smile.
Cons: Don't really have any; the last 15% of the book I liked a little less than the rest, maybe I was just tired and couldn't concentrate. But it was still good.
Characters: Osgood reminds me of a person I have a love-hate relationship with. She is definitely likeable and fun, but she would be driving me crazy in real life. Audrey is just Audrey, I have nothing special to say about her, I kind of look at her as a side character. Zack was my favorite and I want to hug him.
I also cannot wait for the book number two!
This was one of the best reads for me this year.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Osgood As Gone.

May 26, 2019 – Started Reading