Katya's Reviews > In the Service of the King

liked it
bookshelves: vampire
Read on March 03, 2012

** spoiler alert ** 3 stars

I don't like novellas...why do I keep reading them? Everything happens too fast, and no build up....voila! It is done!

This might become a really good series but it is too early to tell. So far-so good. But this was a little cheezy on the love talk and mating thing. The mating ceremony was a little to strange for me too. Two people (girl and vampire) sucking each others blood in a circle of warriors and almost forgetting they are there? How can a centuries old vampire seem to hip and modern? We are equals? Does he really believe that?

What I did like is the loving making description, the way the mating marks on their bodies sprung up. and the very beginning how she went back mentally to being that modern woman when in the limo being driven away from the castle until she is summoned back. There is just something about that castle that makes her submit to this guy....

Shayla has a bone to pick with Kael's enemy: The Soul-Eaters and I am not sure who she is right now. Tough warrior chick or submissive maiden? I see trouble down the road...she wants revenge but he is not going to want her on the front line of that battle. With all my misgivings, there is enough about this I liked to keep me tuned in and read the first book which comes out soon!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Service of the King.