Luvtoread's Reviews > Only Ever Her

Only Ever Her by Marybeth Mayhew Whalen

it was ok

Thank you to Lakeview Publishing and Netgally for the opportunity to read this book!

This is a womens fiction book reminding me of the old "Peyton Place" novel with small town secrets and gossip and prejudices especially if a character was not born or raised in the town.

Annie is getting married in a few days and is quite overwhelmed with all the preparations and emotions that go hand in hand with a big wedding and also is carrying some secrets that have her majorly stressed and she feels she must not share them with anyone since she feels noone will understand and will judge her harshly.
Lo and behold the bride seems to disappear four days before her big day! Is Annie a runaway bride? Did something happen to Annie or is she the victim of foul play?

I'm sorry to say this book just didn't work for me. It seemed to promise some mystery but the suspense just seemed to be missing. The story was so character driven that it weighed the story down for me. There was too much information on some of the characters and not enough on others. There was a nice little twist towards the end of the book but for myself it was "too little too late". Many readers may enjoy this book so I still recommend it for those who enjoy a lot of drama.

I have given this book a rating of 2 1/2 🌟🌟✴

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Only Ever Her.

May 17, 2019 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
May 17, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
May 23, 2019 – Started Reading (Kindle Edition)
May 23, 2019 – Shelved as: drama (Kindle Edition)
May 23, 2019 – Shelved as: psychological (Kindle Edition)
May 23, 2019 – Shelved as: romantic-suspense (Kindle Edition)
May 26, 2019 – Shelved
May 26, 2019 – Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)