Book of Secrets's Reviews > Sniper's Pride

Sniper's Pride by Megan Crane

liked it

3.5 Stars → SNIPER'S PRIDE is the second installment in the Alaska Force series, based around a group of former military men who are now special operatives helping people in need. I love books (especially romances) that are set in Alaska, so I knew I had to grab this one.

Mariah is going through a very bitter divorce, and after a couple of attempts on her life, she heads to Grizzly Harbor, Alaska, and hires Alaska Force for protection and to figure out who's out to get her. Mariah was a tough, courageous woman doing what it took to survive. She's specifically assigned to Griffin, a former Marine sniper who sees himself more of a machine than man, hurt in the past and hardened by his military career.

I particularly enjoyed the mystery/suspense side of this book. Mariah's predicament was so scary, and there were plenty of exciting and nail-biting moments. On the other hand, the romance between Mariah and Griffin was so-so. It took a long time to feel any chemistry between them, and Griffin's stubborn dislike of her and thinking he's not capable of a relationship with anyone was trying.

Overall, I liked my introduction to Alaska Force, and I was rooting for Mariah the whole way. I would love to take a peek at the rugged, chilly island that Grizzly Harbor sits on, somewhere on Alaska's southern coast. Next up is SERGEANT'S CHRISTMAS SIEGE set to release in the fall, and I will definitely be picking that one up!

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book through Penguin's First to Read Program in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sniper's Pride.

May 26, 2019 – Shelved
Started Reading
June 1, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Excellent review!! :)