Book of Secrets's Reviews > Waiting for Tom Hanks

Waiting for Tom Hanks by Kerry Winfrey

liked it

WAITING FOR TOM HANKS is a light & cute story about a young woman so obsessed with romantic comedies that she's holding out on love until she meets her perfect Tom Hanks. Annie is an aspiring screenwriter living in Ohio with her quirky uncle. When a film crew comes to town to shoot an upcoming romcom, her uncle uses his connections to get her a job as director's assistant. Will she find her perfect match in Drew Danforth, the film's leading man? Of course, like any true romcom, the road to HEA can be a bumpy & unexpected one.

Overall, I thought this book was fun and occasionally silly, with a grown woman thinking she could eventually live inside one of her favorite films. I never quite understood her rudeness toward Drew, like she was creating a conflict where there shouldn't have been one. I greatly enjoyed the secondary characters, especially her Uncle Don and best friend Chloe.

WAITING FOR TOM HANKS is a charming beach read with plenty of funny moments. After finishing this book, I had to pull out my DVDs of Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail and watch them again. ♥

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Waiting for Tom Hanks.

May 26, 2019 – Shelved
Started Reading
July 3, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Kat (new)