Melody's Reviews > Black Order

Black Order by James Rollins

Jul 26, 2008

bookshelves: medical-science, adventure, thrillers, series
Recommended to Melody by: my sister
Recommended for: mature audience wanting non-stop action combined with quantum physics
Read in July, 2008

I have for several years been interested in quantum physics and the double slit experiment. But I've never heard it put across the way James Rollins did in this book, Black Order.

This the second Sigma Force novel I have read. I think I am working backwards through the series, and I appreciate that he wrote them in such a way that I am able to do that.

I loved how he can draw you into sympathy with the characters in the story and how the people you think are the "bad guys" have hidden depths. There are too many stereotyped "bad guys" in the fiction world in my opinion.

I don't normally get into adventure novels because they tend to be all action and don't require much brain-power, but I've found that James Rollins novels will make me think about what he's suggesting and still keep me on the edge of my seat with suspense. I also appreciate his author's notes which describe which parts of his books are based on fact and which parts he made up. I found Black Order to be surprisingly balanced between probable outcomes and improbable speculations; a kind of truth-is-stranger-than-fiction that builds a highly entertaining on a factual foundation.
Did the Nazi's develop technology that the world at large is not aware of? Will we ever know? Does anyone today possess this knowledge?
"What if...?"
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Order.