Jessica Belmont's Reviews > The Spirit in the Crypt

The Spirit in the Crypt by Alexander Lound

You know what is refreshing as a book blogger and reader? Reading a really great, debut novel. This story is right up my alley. A ghost story, full of mystery, great characters and writing that kept me invested.

From the first page, I was hooked. I never thought about putting the book down the entire way through, and I read it in one sitting. The Spirit in the Crypt is mysterious, and keeps you guessing. It’s creepy, really well written, and very addicting.

Johnny is a typical teenager. He has the teenage angst, crushes, having to deal with bullies…now add on his psychic abilities and his life is crazy. I really loved that Alexander Lound really took us inside Johnny’s life and we got to know him well.

I’m really impressed with this debut. There were a few parts that felt odd, like the time jump between the crypt and school, but overall I think this is a great book. I highly recommend checking it out!

* I recieved a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.*
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Spirit in the Crypt.

Started Reading