Carvanz's Reviews > Best Fake Fiance

Best Fake Fiance by Roxie Noir

20266662
Definitely my new top favorite read!!! I absolutely loved everything about Daniel and Charlie!

description

When Daniel is in danger of losing custody of his daughter, he does something completely out of character. He lies to the judge. Suddenly he’s engaged to his best friend Charlotte. Small town gossip being what it is, their plans to keep their fake engagement just between them goes up in flames before the afternoon is over. Now he’s juggling not only the lies, but his feelings for Charlie.

Charlie can’t lie to save her life. Everyone is going to know the truth. But interestingly enough, no one, with the exception of nosy siblings, has a clue that her engagement to Daniel isn’t the real thing. It seems everyone in Spruceville has had an eye on this couple and are thrilled that they’ve finally taken this step. When the engagement is fake but the relationship is real, Charlie finds herself doubting her abilities to be what Daniel and his daughter Rusty need.

description

Daniel, while being pretty straight laced and living life in the “no gray” zone as well as losing his cool at times, was completely believable. I felt like I knew him personally. There were times I wanted to hug him, times he made me blush, and times I wanted to smack him upside the head. His love, pride and care for his daughter was swoon worthy and when he messed up, he more than made up for his mistakes. He was pretty much the perfect single dad hero.

“I love this about her. I love that it’s always been the two of us, through everything, and now it’s the two of us here as close as two people can get. I love that she’s never backed down from me and I’ve never backed down from her.”

Charlie was a bit of a wild child. She rarely stopped to think before acting and it often got her into trouble. She was messy and always running late, forgetful over the simple things and often the last person to be trusted with responsibility of any real import. But her heart was tender and full of love when it came to Daniel and Rusty. Her ability to learn from her mistakes as well as to let go of hurt and anger made me love her all the more.

description

I loved both these characters so much! They were written in such a way that they felt real to me. Their wit and banter kept me engaged throughout the book. The steam level between them was off the charts sizzling, and again, it was all very believable. I’m a huge fan of the friends-to-lovers trope, but it doesn’t always work for me. In this case, it not only worked, it superseded my every hope and expectation!

With all the amazing sibling side characters, as well as a few townies, this was a perfect well rounded read that I found myself both laughing and later, tearing up at. Daniel’s brothers and friends added so much more to the story without every distracting me from the main characters. This is a rich, full, fun, family and friends, friends-to-lovers story that will absolutely be a reread in the future as well as a new top favorite!

Dual POV
Safe (view spoiler)
Triggers (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Best Fake Fiance.

May 25, 2019 – Shelved
August 13, 2019 – Started Reading
August 15, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Great review. Think I'll add it t my shelf. Do I need t read book 1?

message 2: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna Great review! Must add this new author to my list.🤗

message 3: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Fabulous review Carvanz!!💋👍😉💗

Carvanz Michelle wrote: "Great review. Think I'll add it t my shelf. Do I need t read book 1?"

Hey Michelle! Sorry for delay, I've been offline for a few days. No, you won't have to read book 1. If you try it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Carvanz Donna wrote: "Great review! Must add this new author to my list.🤗"

Thank you Donna! And yes, she's an exceptional writer. I've loved all but one of her heroes!!

Carvanz Kat wrote: "Fabulous review Carvanz!!💋👍😉💗"

Thanks girl! ❤️

message 7: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Great review Carla 💕

Carvanz Deborah wrote: "Great review Carla 💕"

Thanks Deborah! This friends-to-lover worked perfectly!!!