Samantha Weatherford's Reviews > Among the Hidden

Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Feb 24, 2012

bookshelves: children-s-literature, multi-cultural, contemporary-fiction, growing-up, small-chapter-book, liberty-loyalty, dictator-governments
Recommended to Samantha by: Mrs. Book
Recommended for: 4 grd rdrs+, politics, young boys(relate to luke)
Read in February, 2012

this book definitely left me wanting more. I want to know what happens to luke as he continues his life as a hidden shadow child that now lives in the public. I want to know if he is able to change the situation later. I think this book brought up many many issues based on controlling governments, choosing right and wrong, standing for what you believe in, and key environmental issues. you could discuss though this book what the kids would do, compare to real life situations(past governments), and is it possible that the world could ever come to a place that these measures would be needed. this would need to be read by an older audience, i dont think children under 3rd or 4rth grade would handle the content very well, but it is so thought provoking. teachers should be ready to discuss a book like this after it is read because it does have so many critical issues within it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Among the Hidden.