Martina's Reviews > Destiny's Fire

Destiny's Fire by Trisha Wolfe

Feb 24, 2012

bookshelves: quarterly-challenge-4, a-z-reading-challenge-2012
Read from February 24 to 25, 2012

This is a series I would definitely love to continue reading. I enjoyed the first book quite a lot. It different and fresh and I loved it!
I am learning something new about myself and that is that I actually really like book for the future.
This book gives us a glimpse of a future where the human population is surrounded by two more races. Those races are the Narcolym( a.k.a Narcos) and the Shythe, are shape-sifters, are both depending on humans to survive and for the Narcos that is not an option anymore... They want a life free of the humans and they know how to get it.
Raised by the Shythe, Dez is lying to all her friends for a who she really is, but that's the only way for her. She had to go through a lot and it wasn't easy because she can't trust anyone with her secret. Her life and the life of her mother depends on it.
What I loved about Dez is how fierce she is. She is fighting more than one battle and keeping a secret like hers from her best friends(triplets!!-- how cool is that btw.. -- two boys and a girl) is not easy.
Her biggest fear at the time is that her first change is due the end of the week and she has no idea what to expect. She is not a normal Shythe or a Narco... she is different and that might not be a good thing.
Dez a very interesting character and she brings life to the book. I loved reading about her life and I want more! She faces her challenges with her head held high even thought she is scared out of her mind.
Reese's arrival in her life is not helping with her current problems but he just wouldn't give up and what's more strange since he's a Narco, he actually acts like he likes her.
His arrival is the beginning of the real action in the book. From there everything changes(literally).
There are a lot of unexpected twists and turns but nothing is as it seems.
I hope I've not revealed too much but I tried to keep the juicy stuff to myself. :D
The book is so easy to read. I started it late at night on the 24th and I finished it last night. It was AMAZING.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destiny's Fire.