Kaceey's Reviews > The Escape Room

The Escape Room by Megan Goldin

bookshelves: arc-from-publisher, buddy-read

4.25*
If you’ve ever been in a corporate setting, you may be familiar with this. The dreaded yet mandatory work event. You know…one of those sleeper, team building exercises guaranteed to leave you rolling your eyes?🙄🙄
Okay, so what if it involves an escape room? Sounds like fun right!? You bet! Right up to the exact moment you realize…this may no longer be a game!

Sara Hall finally landed her dream job on Wall Street. After struggling to pay rent and put food on the table she’s finally managed to make it big. Among the perks, a six figure income as her starting salary. Little did she realize her job would soon become her life...maybe even destroying her in the process.
This book has it all! A gripping and suspenseful thriller that will keep you flipping furiously through the pages. I was completely caught up in Sarah’s life and that of her highly successful but ruthless workmates.

It’s clever, it’s ingenious and oh so addictive! If you’re on the look-out for a great summer thriller look no further! This is the book for you!

A buddy read with Susanne!🌸

Thank you to Jordan Hanley at St Martin’s Press for an ARC to read and review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Escape Room.

May 24, 2019 – Started Reading
May 24, 2019 – Shelved
May 26, 2019 – Shelved as: arc-from-publisher
May 26, 2019 – Shelved as: buddy-read
May 26, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 83 (83 new)

Susanne  Strong Fantastic review Kaceey!!! Loved reading this one with you!!! So so good!

message 2: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Excellent review Kaceey! 🤗

Kaceey Susanne wrote: "Fantastic review Kaceey!!! Loved reading this one with you!!! So so good!"

Thank you Susanne! This was a great book to read together!🤗💜

Kaceey Maureen wrote: "Excellent review Kaceey! 🤗"

Thank you Maureen!🤗💖

message 5: by Somia (new) - added it

Somia Nice review Kaceey!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Terrific review dear, Kaceey! I love the eye roll 🤣😂🌸💕

message 7: by Nicola (new)

Nicola This sounds great Kaceey! I haven’t read a good thriller in ages! I think I’d enjoy this one. 💞

message 8: by Meredith (new) - added it

Meredith Wonderful review, Kaceey! Glad you enjoyed this too!

message 9: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Fabulous review Kaceey!!💖💋

Holly  B I thought this was super fun! Great review 💕🌹

NZLisaM Fantastic review, Kaceey. Hate those team building exercises, and the idea of an escape room (without the terror) sounds even worse.

message 12: by Jaline (new)

Jaline Fabulous review, Kaceey! What amazes me is that so very few people have ever enjoyed those team building weekends (or seminars, or whatever) - and yet, they seem to stick like glue to the majority of companies' To-Do lists. This sounds like a way to maybe exorcise those times from my own memory. 😄

message 13: by Angela M (new)

Angela M Terrific review, Kaceey. I participated in many team building exercises, but none involved an escape room 😳

message 14: by Jayme (new)

Jayme Terrific review! Does anybody like “team building” exercises?? 🤣

Kaceey Somia wrote: "Nice review Kaceey!"

Thank you Somia!

Kaceey Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Terrific review dear, Kaceey! I love the eye roll 🤣😂🌸💕"

Thank you so much Melissa!🤗🤗💜

Kaceey Nicola wrote: "This sounds great Kaceey! I haven’t read a good thriller in ages! I think I’d enjoy this one. 💞"

Thank you Nicola! Ooh this would be a great one to try! I’d love to see what you think!🤗💕

message 18: by Julie (new)

Julie Super review, Kaceey!! Glad you enjoyed this one. 😊💕🌹

message 19: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Terrific review, Kaceey! 💕

message 20: by KAS (new)

KAS Very enticing review, Kaceey ;) Glad this was a thrilling read!! 😘❤️

j e w e l s Can’t wait to read this one! Fab review as always, Kaceey🙏💕💕💕

Nazanin Amazing review, Kaceey! Glad you guys enjoyed this! 💜

Kaceey Meredith wrote: "Wonderful review, Kaceey! Glad you enjoyed this too!"

Thank you so much Meredith! What a wild thriller!🤗

Kaceey Kat wrote: "Fabulous review Kaceey!!💖💋"

Thank you so much Kat!🤗💕

Kaceey Holly wrote: "I thought this was super fun! Great review 💕🌹"

Thank you Holly! Glad you enjoyed this one too!🤗💜

Kaceey NZLisaM wrote: "Fantastic review, Kaceey. Hate those team building exercises, and the idea of an escape room (without the terror) sounds even worse."

Thank you Lisa! Lol!! I was thinking the same thing!😂

Kaceey Jaline wrote: "Fabulous review, Kaceey! What amazes me is that so very few people have ever enjoyed those team building weekends (or seminars, or whatever) - and yet, they seem to stick like glue to the majority ..."

Thank you Jaline! It is funny how those team building exercises have stayed around! I don’t know anyone who actually enjoys them!😬

Babydimps (Suzy) Excellent review Kaceey! This sounds really good! 🌼

message 29: by JanB (new)

JanB Oh this sounds like a fun one! I've done an escape room "adventure" but it was all fun and games, thank goodness, haha. Great review!

Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill Sounds fantastic!! Great review!

message 31: by RedemptionDenied (new)

RedemptionDenied Great review, Kaceey! Glad you enjoyed!

message 32: by Melody (new) - added it

Melody McNamara Wonderful, informative review, Kaceey! Looking forward to this one :)

message 33: by Jayme (new)

Jayme I have always hated team building exercises...so, the book did not appeal to me initially but perhaps that alone would make me enjoy it even more! You and Susanne have me wavering...great review!

Jessica Berry Jayme, I ABHOR team building exercises, too! The worst!

Kaceey Angela M wrote: "Terrific review, Kaceey. I participated in many team building exercises, but none involved an escape room 😳"

Thank you Angela! I always wanted to try an escape room.... after reading this book I’m having second thoughts!!😬

Kaceey Jayme wrote: "Terrific review! Does anybody like “team building” exercises?? 🤣"

Jayme wrote: "I have always hated team building exercises...so, the book did not appeal to me initially but perhaps that alone would make me enjoy it even more! You and Susanne have me wavering...great review!"

Thank you Jayme! I’m with you! I’ve never enjoyed those exercises! 🙄 But I think you’d really enjoy reading about it in this book! I hope you give this one a try! Was really a fun thrilling read!🤗💖

Kaceey Julie wrote: "Super review, Kaceey!! Glad you enjoyed this one. 😊💕🌹"

Thank you so much Julie! Was a really exciting and fun read!🤗💜

Kaceey Michelle wrote: "Terrific review, Kaceey! 💕"

Thank you so much Michelle!💖

Kaceey KAS wrote: "Very enticing review, Kaceey ;) Glad this was a thrilling read!! 😘❤️"

Thank you so much KAS! Was a fun thriller! Kept me guessing!🤗💕

Kaceey j e w e l s wrote: "Can’t wait to read this one! Fab review as always, Kaceey🙏💕💕💕"

Thank you so much Jewels! Hope you enjoy! Can’t wait to see what you think!🤗💜

Kaceey Nazanin wrote: "Amazing review, Kaceey! Glad you guys enjoyed this! 💜"

Thank you so much Nazanin! Sorry it didn’t thrill you as much! Loved your review for this one too!🤗💕

Amanda This one sounds very entertaining, awesome
review!

Kaceey Babydimps (Suzy) wrote: "Excellent review Kaceey! This sounds really good! 🌼"

Thank you Suzy! Was a fun thriller! Really enjoyed this one!🌸

Kaceey JanB wrote: "Oh this sounds like a fun one! I've done an escape room "adventure" but it was all fun and games, thank goodness, haha. Great review!"

Thank you Jan! I’ve always wanted to do one! But after reading this book I think I’ll pass!😬💕

Kaceey Kim ~ Traveling Sister wrote: "Sounds fantastic!! Great review!"

Thank you so much Km!🌸

Kaceey RedemptionDenied wrote: "Great review, Kaceey! Glad you enjoyed!"

Thank you so much RD! This was a great read! Lots of fun...and thrills!

Melissa Fantastic review, Kaceey! I'm even more excited to pick this up now. And unfortunately, I'm all too familiar eye-rolling work events. 🤣

marilyn Wonderful review Kaceey! This one was a real eye roller for me but I couldn't wait to find out how things turned out. 💖

megs_bookrack Great review!! This sounds great. I can't wait to get to it!

Deanna Excellent review!! :)

« previous 1