Sarah's Reviews > Insolent

Insolent by T.L.  Smith

bookshelves: 2019-arc-reads

This book was the perfect ending to this dark romance series! I will say - Darby was never my favorite of this group of arrogant men. He was always elusive and turned his nose up at everyone and everything....making demands, and never allowing anyone to get close to him. Work was his life and that was it. However, I fell for Darby HARD in this book. It always seems that I fall for the quiet, broody types once I get a peek inside their lives! Darby was no different.

Darby's life is turned upside down suddenly, and he has to learn to let others in as well as open up his heart, which is hard for him. When Olympia strolls into their club - he is drawn to her, but at the same time wants nothing to do with her. He can't stop wanting her. As Darby allows himself to feel, love and face his past, the story takes on a whole new turn. He is the man that every woman wants. He is loyal, protective, possessive, and passionate. I felt his emotions deep in my bones as I read his POV and he gave me goosebumps at times. Yes - the other guys of the Crimson Elite were fun, flirty, intimidating and hot; but none of them I felt had the depth of Darby's character, and I'm so glad that TL Smith saved his story for last!

I absolutely adored Olympia - she puts up with no BS from Darby, and I loved every second of her feisty attitude. From her blue hair to her expansive penthouse she lived in - she doesn't care about a thing except for her own happiness. Her story broke me, and as bits and pieces of it are uncovered, I knew I would be a mess when it all came out - and I was. Olympia's tragic past combined with her determination for her future made her one of my favorite heroines. She jumped right into this dark and exclusive world of the Crimson Elite never wanting anything in return. She fit in perfectly with this family who makes up their own rules and are as loyal as they come. They were just what Olympia needed, and I loved how easily she slid into their world.

I am going to miss these characters of the Crimson Elite! TL Smith did an amazing job tying in all of the characters from the previous books and wrapping up this dark and edgy series. It was a fantastic finish!! Well done once again TL Smith!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insolent.

May 24, 2019 – Shelved