Anyta Sunday's Reviews > Queen of Babble Gets Hitched

Queen of Babble Gets Hitched by Meg Cabot

Feb 24, 2012

3.5 actually.

I thought I'd end up skim reading this one, but actually, I got sucked right into it and enjoyed myself a lot. Fun. Entertaining, light read. I liked it better than the middle book Queen of Babble in the Big City.

I enjoyed the first book and this one most. However, I have some problems with it as a series, because to me the Luke in book one is NO WAY the same Luke as in book three. There is just absolutely no way the Luke we learned to love in book one and the way he supported Lizzie and the way he was with her on the train is the same guy that ends up doing what he does in book three.

***Light spoilers ahead ***

Also, another nag--Chaz, while I liked him quite a bit, actually, he didn't seem like the same Chaz as the other books either. He'd been made out to be extremely generous monetarily in books one and even two, but then in three he didn't show the same sort of attitude. Instead, it was more 'make your own way' and 'you want to stand on your own to feet, don't you'. It just didn't seem to click with the personality painted in other books.

So, yes, I liked the book. But I did have a qualm with CONSISTENCY.

But, as a big positive, I liked the moral dilemma, the fact it gets icky/sticky when she falls in love with her fiances best friend. I like that it works out--that she's not all perfect. That she fucks up a bit. Somehow, it gives the story a more realistic/modern feel.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen of Babble Gets Hitched.