Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > Wolfhunter River

Wolfhunter River by Rachel Caine

bookshelves: 2019, mystery, romance, suspense, series

When I began reading Wolfhunter River, I wasn't sure which way Rachel Caine was going to be taking Gwen Proctor's character. Yet, a couple of chapters into it, I was sure the ride had to be a good one. If you read the first two books in this series, you know a big baddie is no longer a threat to her or her family.

In case, you're not reading them in order, Gwen Proctor is the ex-wife of the famous serial killer, Melvin Royal. She changed her name and the name of her kids after Melvin was convicted. She moved many times and lately, Stillhouse Lake, is what she calls home. Her kids, Lanie and Connor have confronted many ugly things since learning about their father and they had to grow up sooner than they should have.

Wolfhunter River begins with Gwen agreeing to do a live interview on a TV show, but getting ambushed in the process. The only thing productive that surfaces from the interview was discovering that a new enemy is out to get her and her family. A woman's from Sam's past is making it clear that this is war.

When Gwen receives a call for help from the town of Wolfhunter, at first she doesn't want to do much. The second time someone calls her from the same town, she knows she has to go and maybe it's time for the whole family to leave Stillhouse Lake for a while.

In Wolfhunter, nothing goes the way it should. The town reeks of deceit, abuse of power, and endangered lives. It's up to Gwen and her family to uncover the evil.

Kudos to Rachel Caine for writing another entertaining book in this series. I like Gwen, she's not a doormat. She's strong and she will fight for her kids until her last breath. The kids are also becoming more involved in the process. Connor is smart and handy with a computer. Lanie is protective of her younger sibling. She tries to keep him safe.

I'm excited to see what is going to happen in the next one, now that I know how this one ended. Gwen is going to open so many can of worms! I'm sure I don't want to miss it.

Cliffhanger: No

4/5 Fangs

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wolfhunter River.

May 24, 2019 – Started Reading
May 24, 2019 – Shelved
May 24, 2019 – Finished Reading
June 2, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019
June 2, 2019 – Shelved as: mystery
June 2, 2019 – Shelved as: romance
June 2, 2019 – Shelved as: suspense
June 2, 2019 – Shelved as: series

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)

❤️ Paulette Enjoy L💕ve ツ😘

Sheyla ✎ ❤️ Paulette wrote: "Enjoy L💕ve ツ😘"

❤️ Paulette Sheyla ✎ wrote: "❤️ Paulette wrote: "Enjoy L💕ve ツ😘"

❥ It's Always Pleasure L💕ve ツ

Deanna Looking forward to your review! <3

Sheyla ✎ I'll let you know, Deanna!

Meredith Wonderful review, Sheyla! I am looking forward to the next book too!

RedemptionDenied Excellent review, Sheyla!

message 8: by Yun (new)

Yun Great review, Sheyla! I'm glad you're continuing to enjoy this series. :)

Sheyla ✎ Meredith wrote: "Wonderful review, Sheyla! I am looking forward to the next book too!"
Thank you, Meredith. The ending opens all types of opportunities for Gwen and her family.

Sheyla ✎ RedemptionDenied wrote: "Excellent review, Sheyla!"
Thank you, RedemptionDenied!

Sheyla ✎ Yun wrote: "Great review, Sheyla! I'm glad you're continuing to enjoy this series. :)"
Thank you, Yun.I'm excited for the next one.

message 12: by Julia (new)

Julia Ash Sounds really good! Great review, Sheyla!!!

Sheyla ✎ Julia wrote: "Sounds really good! Great review, Sheyla!!!"

message 14: by Julia (new)

Julia Ash Thank you, Julia. I think this series works for me because Gwen is a strong female character."

I'm with you, Sheyla! I love strong female leads!

Sheyla ✎ Julia wrote: "Thank you, Julia. I think this series works for me because Gwen is a strong female character."

I'm with you, Sheyla! I love strong female leads!"

They are the best :)

Babydimps (Suzy) Awesome review Sheyla! I’m looking forward to reading this one! 🌸

Sheyla ✎ Babydimps (Suzy) wrote: "Awesome review Sheyla! I’m looking forward to reading this one! 🌸"

message 18: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Great review, Sheyla! Sounds like I should check this series out.

Sheyla ✎ Melissa wrote: "Great review, Sheyla! Sounds like I should check this series out."
You should. Gwen is a strong female character.

message 20: by Sumit (new)

Sumit RK Great Review, Sheyla! ☺️

Sheyla ✎ Sumit wrote: "Great Review, Sheyla! ☺️"

Norma * Traveling Sister Fabulous review, Sheyla!!!

Sheyla ✎ Norma * Traveling Sister wrote: "Fabulous review, Sheyla!!!"
Thank you, Norma.

Brenda - Traveling Sister Great review, Sheyla!

Sheyla ✎ Brenda - Traveling Sister wrote: "Great review, Sheyla!"

message 26: by Holly (new)

Holly  B Love this review Sheyla! Makes me want to move it up now.

Sheyla ✎ Holly wrote: "Love this review Sheyla! Makes me want to move it up now."
Thank you, Holly. I enjoyed Gwen's adventures. She is going to be in so many more...