Ayekah's Reviews > Covering all the Bases

Covering all the Bases by Jody Holford

I did not put this one down! Jody Holford steps into the world of baseball and hits a home run with this insanely good read. I totally fell for Liam from the first page and the romance with Isla was crazy good! The characters are incredibly well written and the plot is absolutely perfect. Even the secondary characters came to life right off the pages. Could to have been better.

Isla inherits a baseball team from a grandfather she never knew. Family friction and subplot with her nasty, nasty father and wormy brother. The backstory there was a dandy. She meets Liam the night before she meets with the attorney for a reading of the will, she'd been summoned to this dying man's bed and didn't get there in time. A grandfather she never knew and didn't understand why.
The complexities here were great. Isla knows nothing about baseball, meeting Liam who happens to be the star player for the team at a bar his sister owns and he's helping out. She doesn't know who Liam is and he's just enjoying the heck out of that. These two have such incredible chemistry its killer. I loved every stinking minute of their relationship. When the two figure out that she's now his boss as team owner the conflict and push pull between the two. They try to stay away, Liam is so incredibly kind and generous, he wants her to succeed in her new role, helping her understand baseball was the first step. Liam's family played a great role too. Plenty of humor and grins.

This story is so rich in both character and drama, it flowed perfectly, kept you turning pages and wondering what was coming next. Honestly I think this is the best book she's written and that's saying a lot. It's a five star plus read for me. Spectacular and a must read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Covering all the Bases.

May 16, 2019 – Started Reading