Lisa Ks Book Reviews's Reviews > Southern Sass and Killer Cravings

Southern Sass and Killer Cravings by Kate   Young

19589806

SOUTHERN SASS AND KILLER CRAVINGS is a promising beginning to the Marygene Brown Mysteries. Author Kate Young has created a cast of likeable characters readers will enjoy watching grow over the course of the series.

This book had a well plotted mystery that I found a challenge to solve. Pinning a whodunit to a why did they do it took a lot of puzzle piecing. The reveal proved me all sorts of wrong in my guess.

There are wonderful moments in SOUTHERN SASS AND KILLER CRAVINGS, as well as a lot of humor. Drinking while reading could cause spit takes. The two things that just didn’t work for me were the use of profanity (Not as bad as in some cozies, but heavier than others), and the topic of domestic abuse. I personally find that too dark a subject for cozy mysteries.

Sassiness for sure, a ghostly momma to lend a helping hand, and mouthwatering recipes are all included. If you think you’re sassy enough to read SOUTHERN SASS AND KILLER CRAVINGS, grab your copy today.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Southern Sass and Killer Cravings.

Finished Reading